These are wonderful opportunities for organizations wanting to sponsor large projects!
Help the Lepers in Nkungi Village: Purpose: to provide income for CHARDELECO (Charity Relief Center for Destitute from Leprosy in the Community), a non-profit Tanzanian organization. We have helped to build a community center for the lepers and their children. The funding comes from African SMILE. We now need to find them ways to support themselves.
Corn Grinder – the lepers would be able to grind corn for the villagers and generate income to support the services provided by the center for food and medical needs.
This comes in three pieces:
Total Cost = $4,000
Buy a Share for $200
Community Center – while we have helped them build two buildings the second one remains unfinished. These buildings are used for meetings, school rooms for their children, caretaker quarters, offices, trade/craft rooms (one for the women and one for the men). Here is a list of the needs to complete this second building.
- Steps going into the building: Cement -
- 100 sacks at $15 ea.
- Sand – 20 loads at $3.50 per load
- Gravel – 2 loads at $20.00 per load
- Generator - $375 The men have been trained to build chairs much needed by the villagers however they need a generator to do this.
- Benches for meeting rooms: 10 8’ benches at $40 ea.
Nurses Dorms: This lists of things are needed to complete the dorms so that the school can train nurses for Iambi and the surrounding area.
- Mattresses 25 at $50 ea.
- Septic system $500 urgently needed!
- Exterior painted 30 gallons of paint at $8.50 per gallon
- Bathroom ceilings 2 at $100 ea. bathroom (25’ x 20’)
- Shower Curtains 6 shower curtains at $35 ea.
Eye Operations: Dr. Savage and his nurse will come every other month to perform eye badly needed operations. They would come every other month at a cost of only $230 per month.
Equipment Maintenance: Contract needed with Sommerfeld and Company to keep all medical equipment running. This would cost $2,500 per year.